Saturday 15 June 2013

Saturday GameDay


GameDay shorts & a sweet Jacket
Today for me was probably the toughest day so far ... not physically ... on that front it was actually my best (see below) .. but mentally. 

Saturdays for me during winter are all about Basketball ... it gives you a purpose ...something to look forward too ... something that frames your whole weekend. 

Get up early, eat the right foods, stretch, hydrate, massage, more stretching, taping, some music and then mental preparation. Like clockwork from April to September this is the routine but there is nothing routine about it ... Saturday is GameDay. 



For the past 5 years I've lived this playing Church Ball for the PAC Old Scholars and previously for 5 years playing ABL for the Southern Tigers ... so lets call it 10 of the last 12 years ... a long fucking time!!
90s Spurs so camp so colourful

Today I woke up as per usual and put my PAC shorts on first thing in the morning (well my missus put them on for me). Moved to the couch, ate a nice breakfast and then was suddenly lost ... no stretching, no taping, no mental preparation, no GameDay ... 

I'm not the first person to get injured or the first person to retire but I am going to miss it ... Saturdays from now on are just another day.

To the positives !!!

  • For a few seconds at a time I can stand on 2 feet without crutches
  • Nick & Jude and their near 3yo Max came to visit
  • Its my 2 cats 2nd birthday
  • Martin & Jess and their near 2yo Beatrice came to visit 
  • (we watched the Crows who did not cover Saturday in glory)
  • Martin gave me this sweet retro Spurs parachute jacket - which made my day
  • Our PAC boys got up by 4 points

AND

Its Saturday still one of the 2 best days of the week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment