Tuesday 11 June 2013

Long Range Forecasting

I've done a lot of reading on recovery times for this injury and below is the approximate standard you'll find online for an aggressive rehab


  • 3-5 days - Adequate pain control, decrease in swelling and wound check. Toe touch weight bearing
  • 2 weeks - First follow up, Active flexion to 45 deg, 90 deg passive extension. 25% weight bearing
  • 4 weeks - Active flexion to 90 deg, 120 deg passive extension. 50% weight bearing
  • 6 weeks - 2nd surgery to remove wire
  • 8 weeks - 120 deg Active flexion (at 120 you can ride a stationary bike) Full weight bearing (with brace)
  • 12 weeks - straight leg raise with no lag, Full Active flexion (140 deg is full) Full weight bearing
  • 16 weeks - tendon is full healed
  • 26 weeks - symmetric quadriceps size and strength
  • 36 weeks - 100% recovery
But my research reading messageboards, blogs and heaps of websites is that this is the best case. Most people seem to be 25% behind at each of the checkpoints at best and up to 50 or even 100% behind in extreme cases

Its gonna be a long long road ... and I'll have a better idea of the targets by this time next week. 

Whilst were talking forecasts here's a couple of my own ...

Game 3 - Spurs win by 5
Series - Spurs win in 7 - yep its a big call to win the series on the road in 7 but I just have this feeling that it will be 3-2 heading into Miami and they'll get it done the 2nd time around

But hey I could be wrong on all of the above and likely will be ... wouldn't be the first time ... but like everything my money is where my mouth is ... 

If SportingBet were carrying odds on a full recovery I'd definitely chuck a few $$$ on

3 comments:

  1. I got Bresciano for first goal last night ... I'm killing it at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey buddy, hope you get better soon. Something is missing from your memoirs however, the KPMG back-back titles at the old institute event! domination...

    btw i had miami -2.5 today and wow is that looking like a sh1tty bet..

    hawks over bruins in 6 in the Stanley Cup Final

    ReplyDelete
  3. Palk - your 1st goal scorers are no good to me after the fact - my Spurs by 5 was a little off - Spurs by 30+ I cant even imagine the odds.

    Canadian Tim - Your right I'd forgot about - the 2 corporate titles. Spose I have won a few more things than I remember. Great to hear from you mate - no more triple jumping for me you'll have to take over

    TP

    ReplyDelete