Wednesday 5 June 2013

A wee little dream



A long time ago in a galaxy far far away ...

Surgery successful and like our long time friend Homer Simpson perhaps a little more morphine would help.



Although lots of pain meds plus hip nerve blocker the pain is still a 4/10 dull in general but with some sharp edges like a rusty knife cutting through a well aged steak. 

Footy Classified is on the box at least my knee is in better shape than the Melbourne Football Club. Insert K(Neeld) joke here ..

Earlier in the weekend I backed Richmond to win by 25+ (at $10 to 1). Given the Southern Tigers Gold Reserves had a must win game also I must have known it was a good day for Tigers in all codes .. our boys got up too after dropping 2 straight with a solid one over Adelaide Uni pretty much at the same time I was under the knife - check the ladder here  - going pretty well for a bunch of old midgets

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-3-0-254697-0&pool=-1&round=0&a=LADDER

Its been a tough few weeks for the lads - losing Patty Clarke to his 2nd ACL tear and then yours truly. I know Timmy Hodge is close to returning from a year off post shoulder reco and I know I'll regret not making it out on the court with him for one last game ...


To Clarkey, Toddy, Hugh, Hodgey, THodge, Stacker and BC (and DC and PC) give it your best this year we can win this thing.




Playing Longford in Central Ireland, a decent road trip, depending on the travel we would stay overnight then after the game, we'd get hammered at the local pub / club.
 Some Free Throws and the bench (an area where I do some of my best work)

Post Op Nurse Stacey is from Ireland ... good to chat re travels and my former home (Belfast 05/06) and has me determined to see more of the world in 2014!! Reminds me where the game has taken me ... I played a season for Queens University in the Irish version of our ABL. 

Road trips to far away places,  players from all over the world (in our squad were 2 Aussies, a Kiwi, a French PF, a Scottish Centre, a US Guard and a few Irishmen) ...

So fast I'm blurry (cameras not that good back then) Playing D and Rebounding definitely my forte'
and especially walking home from training in the snow ... wont be forgotten despite all the Guinness

No comments:

Post a Comment