Tuesday 4 June 2013

ER, the diagnosis & why we play

Got wheeled out of the dome and driven to Wakefield ER. X Rays confirmed a Patella Tendon Rupture with Avulsion fracture. Basically the Tendon has torn off the kneecap taking a bit of bone with it. Here's a link
http://www.wheelessonline.com/ortho/patellar_tendon_avulsion

I've had Patella Tendonitis for over 10 years a result of a lot of basketball, nearly 3 years ago I had surgery called a Patella Tendon Debridement where they removed dead tendon. It allowed me to play the last few years with only minor pain. Pre surgery I was in serious pain during games and for a full 2 days after games in 2009/10. I was very happy to be able to return to District Reserves Bball and to play the last 2 years with the Old Reds

Unfortunately the chronic long term Tendonitis and surgery directly led to my latest injury and me writing this blog. 

Palky and Megan visit me at home post ER ... I love hoops for so many reasons but mainly cause it uncovers some wonderful people. The Palks, Ben especially ... are the reason I love the game ... them visiting me for a sneaky beer was the best assist I can ever remember from Palk ... off the court he is like John Stockton with a slightly worse haircut.

Does that make Megan the Mailman?
The Crows nearly delivered - Palk Unhappy














Where: Melbourne 2012 ... Crows v Hawks Prelim Final - one of the greatest games of footy I've ever seen an oooohhhh Zinger of a game. Road trip with Georgie and the Palks ... we dont agree on music or which AFL team to support but we do agree on beer, easy going women and that Melbourne people like strange accessories and no socks.


No comments:

Post a Comment