Sunday 16 June 2013

BIGger than TEXas


Nothing bigger in Texas than the Spurs
Today was always going to be massive day for me ... first follow up with the OS ... I had this pencilled in the calendar and had been staring it down for 2 weeks.

But a few other BIG things happened along the way ...

Had to tackle stairs which had been a BIG fear all week ... strategy is to shimmy down on my ass with my good leg hooked under my bad leg for support. It worked & wasn't as hard as I thought
Tex is BIG and a top bloke

Left the house for the first time in 2 weeks, the sun was shining, people were out in the city going about their mornings, I had a BIG smile on my face and almost a tear, rediscovering the simplest things is a huge joy

Got the Hospital and shared a lift with a BIG unit who was also on crutches. His name is Taylor TEX Walker ... Crows champion forward who is recovering from an ACL tear. We exchanged pleasantries and injury stories. Most footy players generally don't look that BIG compared to on TV but TEX is the exception he is a large unit. His team needs him back too ...

I got fitted for a new knee brace which is more comfortable and allows a range of motion in the knee up to 90 degrees. My current ROM (range of motion) is more like 10 degrees and my mission is to get to 90 ROM within 4 weeks. This is BIG news as it means rehab can begin in earnest


Manu hit tough shot after tough shot
I am Manu hear me ROAR!!!!
and finally deep in the heart of TEXAS its game 5 in the NBA finals. Its the last game in TEXAS and if the Spurs are to have any hope of winning the title today is a must win game. I've watched the first half were up 9 and are playing superbly. 

Manu is finally playing well, Timmy and Tiago are dunking and Danny Green still cant miss ... cmon you Spurs everything else has been great today ... a win in game 5 would be BIGGER than BIG!!!!

Update: Manu has massive BIG testicles - never ever underestimate the heart of a champion!!! GoSpursGo

No comments:

Post a Comment