Friday 7 June 2013

Fine line between Pain & Pleasure

The last 3 days have been a blur - the most pain I've ever been in, the loss of dependence, the realisation of the road ahead .... a drug induced haze of difficult toilet trips, crutches and complete uncomfortability. 

Try having your leg stuck out in full extension for 6 days - let alone 6 weeks

Basically it sucks

But today there was a ray of light - today was the first day I didn't require 24 hour medication, the first day I could put 25% weight bearing on my right foot and the first day of the NBA Finals!!!!

Bring that shit on


Psst Tony you are the greatest PG in the world - show everyone
For those that don't know my favourite sporting team in the whole wide world is the San Antonio Spurs - its not even close ...


... and why shouldn't they be Andrew Gaze has played for them as do current Boomers Patty Mills and Aron Baynes, their assistant coach is Brett Brown basically an Aussie. 

Mutual love between 2 of my teams


They should be every Australians favourite team ... and that's before we start talking about the Admiral, Duncan, Pop, Titles, Winning, Parker and Manu (and now Kawhi)

GoSpursGo




So why do I love them well its actually pretty simple back in 
87 or 88 my folks bought my brother an Atlanta Hawks full NBA playing uni (shorts and singlet) and me a Spurs one. This was a massive deal as we could rarely afford such items. 

But I got dudded Andy got the mighty Dominique Wilkins and his 50+ win Hawks and I got the 21-61 Spurs and to make matters worse the singlet was #21 which was Alvin Robertson and later Sidney Green (and much later Tim Duncan)

Regardless the Spurs were my team and I didn't know we'd drafted David Robinson and by the next year (once he'd finished service in the Navy) we'd have achieved the biggest one season turnaround in NBA history adding 35 wins and would be perennial contender still today


Oui I know lads ... I got this
I've been home on leave or not working for the last 3 Spurs titles pretty much by design and have loved those cold winter months watching my team on the biggest stage

I definitely didn't plan to hurt myself like this so I could watch the Spurs in the 2013 NBA Finals but as the shot clock review happened on Tony Parker's ridiculous buzzer beater I wasn't in pain anymore or thinking about my knee ... I was just happy that things were back to normal ...

(and that Derek Fisher doesnt play for Miami)


This ones nice but everytime we get this one we get the other one 








No comments:

Post a Comment