Monday 10 June 2013

Adjustments

Sometimes when you think things are on the right track something comes along and forces a change in strategy ... an adjustment

This is definitely the case for me at the moment as the usual weekly routine of work, study, DJing, basketball training, Monday and Saturday games, gym sessions and the minutiae of everyday life have been replaced with a very different game plan

My normal weekly plan has been adjusted into a new daily plan and even that takes a fair bit of work ... then every individual task has to be distilled into a bunch of new and quite foreign steps that I actually have to think about to execute. Sometimes we take way too much for granted...

Wake up, need to get out of bed, get crutches in right spot, drag yourself to end of bed, balance, get up, don't fall over

Toilet, get crutches, don't slip, get to toilet, negotiate door and lights, put 1 crutch against wall, pee

Ice, can someone get me the ice, unzip brace, ice 20 mins, re-zip brace, get up stretch legs, ice back in freezer

Day Plan -  wake up, move to couch, elevate leg, eat, get up every hour for 5 minutes, ice (see above), lather, rinse, repeat

Adjustments fucking loads of them ...

Game 2 brought some adjustments .. Miami made loads of them ...


Switching screens, going under the screen on Parker, side pick and rolls with Lebron as the picker in offence, super aggressive trapping on defence, force more mistakes, win

It definitely worked for them but it took some time for all these adjustments to pay off. I assume that will be the case for me but the pay off seems a long way off in the distance ...

Anyway I got my plan for tomorrow, and the next few days til next week when I hit the 2 week mark and see the surgeon. Then I'll need a new plan but I'm ready to make the adjustment ...

No comments:

Post a Comment