Tuesday 25 June 2013

Quick Rehab Update - 3 weeks

Had 2nd PT session today


Roller under knee locked at 40* - more painful than it looks
Managed to get from 45* last week to 55* this week which was a little bit short of what I'd hoped but was somewhat expected

Yesterday I was unable to do any rehab due to a couple of issues. Firstly the bottom of the 10cm incision is red, angry and painful. 

I wasn't 100% sure if it was the tendon or the skin so I backed off for the day - looks like it is the skin so hopefully settles down over next few days and I can get back into it.




Quads - use them or lose them in 3 weeks!!
Last night foot went completely numb, then hot and prickly then painful. I had a terrible nights sleep (which is relative as I haven't had a good nights sleep for 3 weeks)

On a positive note I can start some additional exercises - some hip flexor leg lifts whilst on side & some hamstring/glute leg lifts while on stomach. No quads allowed!!!

Even adding a couple of mundane stretches to my current routine and gaining 10 degrees is enough to brighten what has been a pretty dark week. Onward and upward

35* until I can sit with my knee bent - oh what a luxury ....

No comments:

Post a Comment