Tuesday 23 July 2013

Rehab Update - Week 7 (and were off!!!)

TIme to get all Omar on this piece of Wire
The great week continued with my long awaited follow up with the OS. I am scheduled to have ** the Wire ** removed in 2 weeks and more importantly have been cleared to start using my knee again!!!

I am down to 1 crutch (with knee brace) which is a huge win as I have regained the use of a hand for carrying things ... what a novel idea.

From the OS I went straight into see my Physio and now have a program of actual rehab. I was even more pumped when I got home when I was able to climb the stairs without crutches - still with knee brace and one step/leg at a time but it was awesome nonetheless.

Rehab .... 3 times per day

  • Quads Contractions - whilst sitting with legs out straight - tighten knee cap so that heel slightly lifts off ground. (10 x 5 seconds)
  • Straight Leg Raises - same position - lift leg up!! I cant do these yet but expect major progress this week (3-4 reps). PS they hurt like shit
  • March on spot - equal weight bearing, small knee bend (2-3 mins)
  • Knee extension - seated try and straighten leg. I can move maybe a few inches (5-10 reps)
  • Calf Raises - double leg onto balls of feet (3 x 8-15 reps)
  • Gait Pattern - 1 crutch, equal time on each leg, bend knee i.e relearn how to walk normally (1-2 mins)
Ok gotta go I got shit to do!!!!! 

** not the greatest TV series of all time - the stupid piece of fucking metal wrapped around my kneecap. I hope I can keep it when it comes out so I can torture it in true gangsta fashion ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment