Wednesday 3 July 2013

Quick Rehab Update - 4 weeks

Firstly thanks to everyone for continually checking in and reading my blog. We passed 2000 hits today in exactly one month. Yep its been a month since surgery!!

Had 4 week post op Physio and got to 63 degrees my progress has slowed a bit but we've added a few new exercises which is good. Still have 3 weeks to push to 90 degrees and my follow up wire-removal surgery

Sun and sitting down - lifes simple pleasures
Major addition is some Controlled Quad Contractions ... basically I just sit there with a straight leg and try and flex what's left of my quads. This is important just to rebuild the nerve pathways from the brain to the muscles. Already in a month these have gone to sleep and it takes real concentration just to get the quad to twitch.

Lastly today was a great day, the sun was shining and I was able to crutch outside (down and up the 3 inch lip) without assistance and get 15 mins of rays. I can also now sit for a few minutes with the leg at 60 degrees. Glorious

No comments:

Post a Comment