Thursday 22 August 2013

Rehab Update - Week 11

With the Wire squarely in the rear view mirror this week was all about the final follow up with the Orthopaedic Surgeon.

It happened on Wednesday and Dr Begg was very happy with my progress, called me a fast healer and pretty much gave me the clearance to step up my rehab.

Rehab is going well I'm close to 105 degrees range of motion and can now sit fairly comfortably at a desk for extended periods. I can punch out leg lifts very easily and even have some slight amounts of muscle definition returning to my quads.

He also cleared me to start very gentle leg presses and can hit the stationary bike (which should arrive soon). I'll need to get to 110/120 to be able to get the pedals all the way around so that is the next target on the list

Were right on track and progress should really accelerate once I can get on the bike.

Back to the Physio next week to work on a modified program - that and an end to this long, wet, miserable winter has my spirits lifted. Lets DO THIS!!

.... also wanted to share this article - I've been saying for years the NBL should team up with the NBA as a farm out system for draft picks - finally it may start happening and would be huge for basketball in Oz  
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/james-ennis8217-signing-with-prth-has-prompted-the-nbl-to-look-at-developing-an-nba-relationship-to-lure-draft-choices-as-imports/story-fni2u9cl-1226695648025

No comments:

Post a Comment