Tuesday 13 August 2013

Goals - Post 2nd Op

GOALS - setting them is pretty important in life and in sport (or rehab) its just the same - I mean otherwise what are we doing here right?

Heading into 2013 I had a few life goals which are on track ... I wanted to

...move back into the city (rejoin a community)
...transition into new career (trading/finance)
...save & prepare for big 2014 adventure inc taking Mum on her first OS travels

and in Sport I wanted to 

...play Reserves BBall with the Tigers lads
...win a 6th straight A Grade Church title
...dunk the basketball again 

On this list I ticked the first one off playing some pretty reasonable basketball over the summer and gutted out some tough games early in the winter season through a bunch of injuries. I will remember the Sunday/Monday double header for a long time - we were missing a few guys and I played F/C for 50 odd minutes over the 2 games helping us to 2 wins - I had a serious ankle injury but toughed it out playing in the most pain I have ever experienced. 

The lads are 16 & 6 http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-3-0-254697-0&pool=-1&round=0&a=LADDER and missing the finals with these guys will fucking kill me.


MJ still dunking at 50 ... so there is hope
4 years seems like a long time ago
and well as for Church and Dunking (a combination that led to my demise) I didn't get to finish either of these also ... I did some leg weights (first time ever) and jump program over the summer and will never know if this contributed to my injury or if it was just my time.

Anyway I've just had my 2nd knee surgery (last Wednesday) and it went really well. Already I have ditched the crutches completely and am even brace free around the house. The knee sans-wire feels 
much better and I've been hitting the rehab pretty hard
but I'll never forget how good it felt

So with the improvement curve starting to steepen its that time to set some GOALS for the next month or 2

Rehab Short Term Goals

... Get knee bend to 110 degrees (90 now) ... so I can ride a stationary bike
... exercise twice per day (1 upper / 1 rehab) ... walk normally and pain free

I have many more but lets get these GOALS in the done column first

No comments:

Post a Comment