Tuesday 10 September 2013

Rehab Update - Week 14

PB on Saturday 16.5k in 30 mins
The last 2 weeks have been the most positive of rehab so far - going from nothing to 30 mins a day on the exercise bike has given me a huge lift.

I've also stopped wearing the brace on walks to work and in general so was feeling pretty good about my progress ... 

and I should be I've been working my tail off - spending close to 90 mins a day riding for 30, rehab for 30 and upper body weights for 30. That and near an hour of walking a day ...

So I went to the Physio beaming with confidence about my progress when he asked me to stand on the right leg - all good (2 weeks ago I couldn't . Then he asked me to do a single leg squat - well that's where the fun ended. It was extremely painful and downright embarrassing - I am miles away!!!
Not quite a knee but great progress of late

It wasn't all bad though as I had my ROM measured at 135 on the R leg compared with 145 on the L. So I almost have all my flexibility back just not much strength yet.


Rehab is fairly similar to the last update - I will just be progressing to some sets with just the one leg rather than 2 plus a lot of 1 legged balancing whilst standing on a pillow etc

In 2-3 weeks I should be able to get on the mountain bike - that's the next goal and will drive me over the coming weeks .... that and September which means finals time .. watch for upcoming posts about the best month of the year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment